How to Change a Flat Tire
Almost all of us have been there before. Stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire and no one to help us out. Calling a tow truck or AAA can add up big time, so your friends at Carter Chevrolet are here to help you out and teach you how to change a flat tire. If you’ve never done it, it’s probably not as complicated as you think!
Steps to Change a Flat Tire:
- If you’re not in a safe spot to change the tire, pull into a safer area.
- Turn on your hazard lights
- Use the wrench provided in your repair kit to loosen the lug nuts on the wheel. You may need to remove the hubcap first in order to do so, depending on your car. Turn the wrench left, or counter-clockwise, to loosen the lug nuts.
- Use the jack to lift the vehicle off the ground. There are different areas to place the jack under your car. Check the owner’s manual if you aren’t sure.
- Remove the lug nuts, pull the tire off of the car. Put the lug nuts together somewhere close to the car-you don’t want them to scatter around.
- Grab the spare tire and place it on the car. Simply line up the lug nut posts with the holes in the new spare tire and push it all the way onto the wheel base.
- Put lug nuts back on.
- Lower your car back onto the ground.
- Make sure the lug nuts are fastened on tightly.
- Put the flat tire and your tools back in the trunk.
We hope this helps you out if you’re ever in the circumstance and have to change a flat. For more tips on how to change a space tire, click here!