Apple CarPlay® In-Depth
An apple a day keeps the doctor away (or so they say), and Apple CarPlay® in your Chevrolet makes your driving day in every way. (That was a rhyme buffet, by the way. Sashay down the runway and slay, okay?)
Sick rhyming skills aside, we want to show you how you can take advantage of Apple CarPlay® in your daily driving. Perfect for making hands-free calls, streaming music, and using all sorts of cool apps, Apple CarPlay® is standard or available across today’s Chevrolet lineup. Here’s how to make it work.
What you’ll need
- A Chevrolet with Apple CarPlay® compatibility
- A compatible iPhone
- A lightning to USB cable
How to download Apple CarPlay®
- Turn on your Chevrolet and your iPhone.
- Plug your USB cable into your dedicated USB port, then plug the lightning end of the cable into your iPhone.
- A prompt will appear on the Chevrolet MyLink touchscreen asking you to press Continue if you consent to the terms and conditions. Press Continue if you indeed do.
- On your phone, press Allow. Your phone’s screen will go into Apple CarPlay® mode.
- Click the Apple CarPlay® button on your Chevrolet MyLink screen.
- Enjoy a frosty sip of lemonade because you’re all done.
How to use Apple CarPlay®
- On your Apple CarPlay® home screen, you’ll see two rows of four app icons, which include common apps like Phone, Music, Maps, and Messages and can be customized via settings. Tap any of these icons to access the apps.
- On the left side of the screen, from top to bottom, you’ll see icons for your three most recently used apps, the time and cell signal strength, and a white circle that you can press and hold to talk to Siri®. You can also hold down the button on your steering wheel of a talking face to access Siri®. This will allow you to access your favorite apps hands-free.
- Still got that lemonade? Take another sip, because it’s that simple.
If you’re looking to bring your auto game into the 21st century, here at Carter Chevrolet we’ve got a ton of new Chevrolet cars, trucks, and SUVs that offer Apple CarPlay® compatibility. Visit us in beautiful Okarche, and we may even speak to you in rhyme.