How the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Beats the Competition
In the truck game, Chevrolet has, as George Costanza might say, hand. Chevy has been delivering badass pickups for more than 100 years, and they don’t come any more badass than the new 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The latest Silverado isn’t just the best that Chevy’s made yet — it’s leagues better than its competitors in some key ways.
Chevrolet and Ford have a rivalry as storied as the feud between Jerry and Newman, but the Silverado 1500 is the star of the show compared to the F-150. The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is the only one of the two to offer a six-function Multi-Flex Tailgate, which lets you do things like access the bed and stack up cargo more easily. Plus, we just think the Silverado 1500 is the better-looking truck — no puffy shirt needed.
When the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 locks horns with the latest Ram 1500, the one wearing the bowtie comes out on top. While both trucks go for serenity now with their luxurious interiors, the Silverado High Country just feels fancier than anything Ram brings to the table. And on top of that, the Silverado offers more cargo volume so you can load up on soup before the guy who runs your favorite spot can cut you off.
If you were to have a contest between full-size trucks, the 2021 Nissan Titan would probably be the first one to fold. The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 just outclasses the Nissan in about every way you could imagine, including more power, more towing, more space in the cabin, and more options. We also have it on authority that people who drive Nissan trucks are close talkers, and you definitely don’t want that in this day and age.
The 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 is to the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 what Artie Levine is to Jerry. A little pretentious when it comes to the name and, ultimately, a secondary character in the larger story. The Sierra 1500 and Silverado 1500 have a bit more in common than that duo, but Chevy remains the better choice not just because it can tow and haul more, but because it’s a Chevy at the end of the day.
5 More Reasons to Check out the Chevrolet Silverado 1500
These days, everybody wants to get in on the truck business. But there’s good reason why Chevrolet has been at the top of that mountain for more than a century and remains there today. If you’re weighing all your options, here are 10 reasons why the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is your best bet.
- Choice. The new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 lineup has something for everyone. If you want a no-frills work truck, an off-road weekend warrior, or a big ol’ luxury beast, there’s a Silverado with your name on it.
- More Choice. On top of all the different models and special editions you can choose, the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers six impressive engine choices. This means you can get the exact degree of power and capability you need. Some trucks — not naming names — think it’s a-okay to just give you one choice. And that’s not cool, y’all.
- Durabed. Fast fact: The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers more cargo volume than any other truck on the market.* With Durabed, you get twice as many standard tie-downs as well, meaning you can do more and sweat less.
- Innovative Tailgates. Most trucks are cool with tailgates that you can put up and down by hand. The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 gives you two choices that do more. The Silverado 1500 is available with an industry-first power-up/-down tailgate and a six-function Multi-Flex Tailgate. Hear that? That’s crickets coming from the competition.
- Family-Friendly. You might not think of a truck as being a great family vehicle, but the Silverado challenges you to think again. The spacious cabin of the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 includes class-leading first-row headroom and more space in the second row for passengers. Road trip anybody?
If you’re in the market for a pickup, you’ve got no excuse not to give the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 your fullest attention. Hit us up at Carter Chevrolet in Okarche, Oklahoma, and we’ll give you even more reasons why your next truck oughta be a Chevy.
*Excludes other GM vehicles.